The biggest lesson I have ever learned is the stupendous importance of what we think. If I knew what you think, I would know what you are, for your thoughts make you what you are; by changing our thoughts, we can change our lives.
-Dale Carnegie, motivational speaker
The IDEAS Knowledge System
These books do not stand alone but are part of a larger knowledge system.They are meant to be used in conjunction with other resources and activities.
- The IDEAS Method Workbook
- In the context of a class on creativity and innovation
I have put together a list of several resources classified by topic, which is shown below. I wish the reader well on this intellectual journey!
- In life and business
- “Free Play” by Stephen Nachmanovich.
- Design thinking
- Big Science
- Systems Concepts
- Chaos Theory
- Quantum Physics
- Multiple Intelligence Measurement
- Howard Gardner
- General IQ
- “Creating the Corporate Future” by Russ Ackoff.
- Boston’s Big Dig. www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/bigdig/bigdigmain.aspx
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Organizational learning
- Mental Models
- A good book on world views, mental models and wisdom is: “Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger” by Peter Bevelin. Go to: ideasmethod.com/mentalmodels
- Time Management
- “The 4-Hour Workweek” by Tim Ferriss. A must read for anyone living in the 21st century
Many more resources are available in the books!